Investing in U.S. Real Property Three-Webinar Series: Part 1 – Tax-Efficient Structuring of U.S. Real Property Investment for Canadian and Other Foreign Investors
On June 22, 2021 at 12:00pm (Eastern Time), join us for a webinar with Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, TEP, a U.S. Tax Attorney and Principal of U.S. Tax IQ, who will share his practical insights on tax-efficient structuring for Canadian individuals and businesses investing in U.S. real estate. This is Part 1 of a Three Webinar Series designed to provide Canadian investors in U.S. real property with the tax tools they need to make their investment successful from a tax perspective.
Topics Covered in This WebinarProper structuring of investment in U.S. real property by Canadian and other non-U.S. investors is key to ensuring that you are not subject to double taxation and potential penalties for non-compliance. Owning U.S. real estate can result in significant benefits for Canadians and can open up a primary or secondary source of income under the right circumstances. Engaging in this type of business has the potential to be both lucrative or costly. Our webinar will highlight tax structuring alternatives, discuss relevant advantages and disadvantages, as well as tax planning opportunities and applicable U.S. tax compliance framework.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover during this webinar:
- Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (“FIRPTA”) withholding regime overview;
- Common structures for investing in U.S. real property by foreign investors;
- Principal tax advantages and disadvantages of using various investment structures;
- U.S. tax compliance considerations;
- Practical estate and gift tax considerations;
- Tax planning opportunities, traps for the unwary, and pitfalls;
- … and more!