Canada-U.S. Income Tax Treaty Primer: Key U.S. Tax Planning and Tax Compliance Considerations for Canadian Businesses Doing Business in the United States
On June 1, 2021 at 12:00 pm (Eastern Time), join us for a webinar with Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, TEP, U.S. Tax Attorney and Principal of U.S. Tax IQ, who will review principal provisions of the Canada-U.S. income tax treaty and discuss sample client scenarios on how to apply them in practice. We will review in detail the eligibility for treaty benefits, U.S. permanent establishment considerations, U.S. tax withholding and FATCA withholding considerations.
Topics Covered in This WebinarIf you are already engaged in U.S. business activities or are expanding your Canadian business to U.S. markets, understanding your U.S. tax obligations and effectively managing your potential U.S. tax exposure is key to successful business results. The Canada-U.S. income tax treaty contains many provisions that can reduce potential U.S. tax withholding or exempt your Canadian business from U.S. taxation. Inadequate business structure may lead to double taxation and costly mistakes. In this webinar, we will provide business owners and Canadian businesses with key tools they can use to effectively manage their U.S. tax exposure by applying treaty relief provisions, where applicable.
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover during this webinar:
- U.S. income tax treaty framework;
- Practical U.S. state income and sales tax compliance considerations;
- Eligibility for treaty benefits (Limitation on Benefits article);
- Reduced withholding tax rates for passive income (dividend, interest, royalties);
- U.S. permanent establishment article (branch operations);
- Tax planning and tax compliance tips and practical considerations;
- … and more!