[Part 3] – Cross-Border Tax Compliance Primer – Individuals With Cross-Border and U.S. Tax Matters
On March 23, 2021, at 12:00pm (Eastern Time), join us for a webinar with Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, TEP, Principal of U.S. Tax IQ, who will provide a comprehensive review of U.S. tax filing and reporting considerations for Canadian individuals with a U.S. connection, as well as U.S. expats (U.S. citizens and Green card holders) living in Canada.
Topics Covered in This WebinarFiguring out one’s U.S. tax filing and reporting obligations is not an easy task for many people. At times, due to the complexity of U.S. international tax and cross-border tax rules, it is also challenging for tax practitioners. The non-compliance can be costly – the U.S. imposes severe monetary and, sometimes, criminal penalties for individuals who are not complying with applicable U.S. tax laws. The tax laws constantly change and evolve and are not easy to interpret. The number of IRS Forms and tax returns that may be required to be filed with the IRS by Canadians and U.S. expats is staggering. In this webinar, we will do our best to eschew obfuscation in this important tax area!
Here’s just a sample of what we’ll cover during this webinar:
- Overview of U.S. taxation regime applicable to Canadians and other non-U.S. persons;
- Tax residency for U.S. federal income tax and estate and gift tax purposes;
- Sample scenarios that may require Canadian individuals file a U.S. tax return;
- Important IRS Forms and deadlines for the 2020 tax year;
- Overview of key IRS penalties applicable in the cross-border and U.S. international tax context;
- Tax compliance tips and practical considerations;
- … and more!