U.S. Tax Primer for Canadian Businesses with U.S. Tax Issues
On March 24, 2020 at 12:00pm (Eastern Time), join us for a free webinar with U.S. tax attorney Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, TEP, and a U.S. tax accountant Ranko Princip, LL.M. (Tax), CPA (MD) who will provide a comprehensive review of U.S. tax filing and reporting considerations for Canadian businesses with a U.S. connection: U.S. source income, employees working on both sides of the border, U.S. business activities, or U.S. real property. We will also discuss key U.S. tax and cross-border implications for Canadian businesses expanding into the U.S. market and already operating in the United States.
Topics Covered in This Webinar.
Doing business in the United States usually means more sales and revenues. But it also makes the management of overall business and the U.S. segment much more challenging. Taxes make it even more complex. The U.S. tax law is very complex and is ever evolving. There are many traps for the unwary and the IRS imposes significant penalties on businesses that fail to comply with the applicable U.S. tax framework. Key decisions related to how the business in the United States can be structured in a tax-efficient manner, how to conduct the business to stay compliant, what planning opportunities exist in managing potential U.S. tax exposure, and what U.S. tax implications apply on exit strategy.
Who Will Benefit From Attending This Webinar?
This webinar is intended for business owners, businesses, their trusted advisors and tax professionals. The content is especially relevant to U.S. tax and Canadian tax advisors who are assisting their clients in addressing U.S. tax and cross-border implications.
Here is just a sample of what we will cover during this webinar:
• Overview of common myths and misconceptions about U.S. taxation of foreign businesses;
• Overview of U.S. taxation of foreign corporations, including a high level summary of applicable Foreign Investment in Real Property Tax Act (FIRPTA) framework;
• Canada-U.S. income tax treaty considerations;
• U.S. state income and sales tax considerations;
• Sample scenarios that may subject Canadian businesses to U.S. tax and result in U.S. tax filing and reporting obligations;
• Important IRS Forms and deadlines for the 2019 tax year, including recent IRS relief for businesses in filing their tax returns and making tax payments;
• Overview of key IRS penalties applicable to Canadian businesses and business owners;
• Penalty protection and how to use it effectively;
• Tax compliance tips and practical considerations;
• … and more!
To learn more, please register and gain the knowledge you need to help your clients prepare for their 2020 tax season and effectively manage their potential U.S. tax exposure. Plus, you can earn up to 1 CPD credit (relevant to Canadian CPAs). We hope you join us!