How to Best Prepare For And Survive The 2020 Tax Season – U.S. International Tax Edition
Topics Covered in This Webinar.
U.S. taxes are complicated. U.S. international tax is one of the most challenging and ever evolving areas of U.S. tax law. Staying abrest of recent developments and planning your taxes, including seeking advice of a qualified U.S. tax advisor can save you potential penalties and unpleasant surprises in the future. Being proactive is key to successful filing of your 2019 year taxes. This webinar would help you prepare for your 2020 tax season by sharing practical insights and key considerations on successful and efficient management of 2019 tax year compliance.
Who Will Benefit From Attending This Webinar?
This webinar is intended for individuals, businesses, their trusted advisors and tax professionals. The content is especially relevant to U.S. tax and Canadian tax advisors who are assisting their clients in addressing U.S. tax and cross-border implications.
Here is just a sample of what we will cover during this webinar:
• Overview of key international tax provisions of the 2017 Tax Cuts and Jobs Act that may require re-evaluation of tax positions taken on previously filed tax returns;
• Tax residency for U.S. federal income tax and estate and gift tax purposes;
• Important deadlines;
• Important IRS Forms;
• Do you use the right technology?
• Penalties for non-compliance to watch out for;
• What to do if you are not compliant?
• A brief refresher on IRS Amnesty Programs;
• Tax compliance tips and practical considerations;
• And… More!
To learn more, please register and gain the knowledge you need to help your clients prepare for their 2020 tax season and effectively manage their potential U.S. tax exposure. Plus, you can earn up to 1 CPD credit (relevant to Canadian CPAs). We hope you join us!