Cross-Border Estate and Gift Tax Planning – Free Webinar
Cross-Border Estate and Gift Tax Planning
Join us on September 27th for a free webinar with U.S. tax attorney Alexey Manasuev, LL.M. (Int’l Tax), NYU, and this month’s guest speaker Alexandra L. Manthorpe, J.D., an experienced Canadian estate and trust lawyer where you’ll hear practical insights on cross-border estate and gift tax planning that will clear up some of the misconceptions and help you plan like a pro! You will also have an opportunity to ask your questions. U.S. Tax IQ brings you best experience by providing you with cutting edge strategies on estate and gift tax planning and managing U.S. tax exposure arising from cross-border gifts, inheritance, or bequests.
What you’ll learn:
- Current Canadian and U.S. estate and gift tax framework as it applies to cross-border gifts and bequests, including relevant requirements, thresholds, and exclusions.
- Canada-U.S. treaty considerations.
- Who is considered a “U.S. domiciliary” and why this term has utmost importance for Canadians who want to spend some time in the United States, apply for a Green card, and retire in Canada or the United States.
- Key U.S. tax compliance tips for executors of Canadian estates with decedents who are U.S. persons, estates with U.S. situs assets or U.S. beneficiaries; U.S. tax filing obligations for U.S. citizens inheriting assets from non-U.S. persons or receiving Canadian or non-U.S. trust distributions.
- Planning techniques and practical considerations, including applicable U.S. federal income tax implications.
The attendance of the Webinar will qualify for one CPD credit toward CPA (Canada) continued education requirements.
U.S. Tax IQ Team